Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pass it on.

Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it. Feel it. And pass it on.

That was the last line of the movie, The History Boys. It's a movie I've had from Netflix since approximately April. It's basically the most expensive movie rental in the history of the world. But it's okay. It was a weird movie. But I found that very last line to be SO TRUE.

I like to think that every experience we have in life changes us in some way, even if very minimally. Most of the time, those little instances have no effect upon our daily lives. But there are other times when a split second can completely change the way you view the world. And then that view becomes part of your life. You start to pass it on to other people.

I've found that this has been happening to me a lot lately. Except I am taking negative attitudes of others and turning them into my own. I'm not a negative nancy by nature. I always try to look at the upside of every situation before starting in on the downside. But lately I've caught myself immediately thinking the worst of every situation.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to pass THAT parcel. But not to anyone else. Just pass it away. Nobody needs negative energy. And I'd like to go back to being my old eternal optimist.

No comments:

Post a Comment