Thursday, April 29, 2010

Creeper Magnet

I swear I have a magnet in my head that attracts creepers. Not necessarily directly to me, but definitely to my relative vicinity. In preparation for the wedding tomorrow, Inga and I went to get our nails done. We walked down to the little nail place in town (walking around town is another activity I've completely forgotten about since moving to the DC metro area...) and got started right away.

About five minutes after we walked in, a typical rural Indiana man came sauntering in. I figured he was in the market for a gift certificate or something, because he surely wasn't getting a mani/pedi! He asked one of the employees if he was from Vietnam. When the Asian man said yes, the creeper started in on a list of questions about traveling to Vietnam, getting a visa, how much things should cost there, how long the flight is, etc.

He continues grilling these guys about their home countries, and tells them that he has so many questions because he has never traveled before...never even been on a plane. So I'm wondering why he's choosing Vietnam as his first international travel destination. Through further ear hustlin (I must credit that term to my sister Emily) I learned that he has a girlfriend there. One he met on vietnamcupid.com. (I'll save trying to figure out how he found that website for another post altogether.) And after a year and a half of talking online, he's finally traversing the Pacific to make it real.

Where do these people come from and how do they always find their way into my life? I'm not complaining, though. It keeps it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment