Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Case of the Blues

Whether or not you know it, April is National Autism Awareness Month. And since the majority of my life these days revolves around people with Autism, I am obviously supportive of the cause. In order to promote awareness in the workplace, I made flyers and had them posted all over the campus encouraging people to wear blue on Friday, April 2. That day is World Autism Awareness Day and Autism Speaks, the largest Autism advocacy group, started a campaign called Light it up Blue.

The campaign had hundreds of businesses and facilities, including the [former] Sears Tower and LAX lighting their buildings with blue instead of white light on the night preceding WAAD.

But of course I have to take everything a little farther than necessary. I mentioned to a co-worker that I was planning to try to wear blue to work EVER DAY throughout April. So then it kind of became a challenge between him and I. April is 2/3 over and I am happy to report that I have worn blue to work every day, and I have yet to repeat an outfit. And I only purchased two items of clothing specifically for this month.

So, while our case of the blues isn't really changing the world, it's really making me appreciate the other colors in my closet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment