Thursday, May 13, 2010

Check. Mate.

So I was just watching the end of an episode of Criminal Minds. And while the team was flying home, Gideon and Reed were playing chess. Gideon beat Reed with a checkmate. Reed quit. Gideon asked Prentiss if she played. And she did. So they played. Fade to black.

It reminded me of learning to pay chess with my grandfather when I was a kid. He was a big fan of the game, and quite an expert in strategery [sic]. I am also quite certain that his post-Air Force career was at Area 51, but that's another story altogether.

I'm beginning to feel that my life has become a giant game of chess. And just when I feel like I'm getting my life in check, something else happens and the world is like, "No Bekah, CHECK. MATE."

1 comment:

  1. At least your life is all sophisticated and uses check mate to teach you a lesson. My life likes to pants me, push me head first into a mud puddle, and then run away screaming "SUCK IT" and laughing in a shrill voice.

    ReplyDelete