Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wake Up Call

Ok so the other day I woke up. To the sound of my very own laughter. I'm not even close to kidding here....I mean, who could make this up?

So anyway, I tried to remember what I was dreaming and this is what I pieced together...

I was walking into Walmart (an old school, non-SuperCenter one, where the customer service desk and restrooms are right inside the only entrance and to the left) with my cousin Dave. He's not really my cousin. We have the same last name and play the same instrument in marching band. In Kentucky that means you may as well be cousins since everyone assumes you already are. Oddly enough, I haven't actually seen Dave in a couple years, so who knows why he made an appearance in my dream. But that's neither here nor there.

We ran into another friend of ours, Andy. Facebook had recently told me that he just popped the question to his girlfriend who then became his fiance. Dave and I of course congratulated him on the now-impending nuptuals. And Andy is a funny guy. The kind who doesn't even TRY to be but always has you laughing. I wish so badly that I could remember what he said. That's the trouble with dreams, though - they're always fuzzy.

But whatever it was that he said, he said it right as I was taking a drink of water. So the water of course came pouring out of my mouth and all over the floor of Walmart. I kept laughing and the water kept coming until I was standing in a pool of water.

And that's when I woke up. Laughing. Hysterically.

No comments:

Post a Comment