Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kicking the Habit

I have been a nail biter/cuticle chewer since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I've never really thought much about it. But I've recently decided that it's super gross. So I really tried to think about when/why I do it.

I remember the summer after high school graduation, my nails grew so long so fast. Probably because I literally had not a care in the world. I also like to fool myself into thinking that I don't stress out about anything.

HA!

It's been a long time coming for me to realize that I stress internally over EVERYTHING. Which is fine. I guess. It works for me. But I am determined not to let that translate into me having disgusting fingernails anymore!

So two nights ago I did the unthinkable. I painted my nails PINK. So far, it's working for me. I mean, the pink scares me a little, since I rarely do anything girly. But whenever I find my idle hands finding their way to my face I remind myself that as soon as that nail gets between my teeth, the polish is ruined. And I certainly don't want to spend more time than I have to painting my nails.

We'll see how long this lasts.

1 comment:

  1. oooo girl. I have also found that wearing nail polish helps make my nails less susceptible to splitting and breaking. Also, you know they make colors other than pink, right? I prefer a dark brown/red/purple color, myself.

    ReplyDelete